School Board Members
- The best thing about Oak Hills is the people. So many teachers, administrators, employees, coaches, parents and community members all pointed toward the common goal of preparing students with the skills they need for college or career.
- As an Oak Hills School Board member I will work to make smart, well informed decisions. Smart decisions that take advantage of my previous business experience as well as the information gathered from new feedback channels.
- Oak Hills is Highlander Strong because it is a community strengthened by diversity. Diverse backgrounds, thoughts, skills and passions are all woven into the fabric of a strong community focused on what is best for students.
- I am Highlander Strong because I understand that as a board member it will not always be possible to make decisions that make all stakeholder groups happy. Yet I know that if I make fiscally responsible decisions that are in the best interests of students I will have served the community well.
- I am honored to serve as an Oak Hills School Board member because the community has placed a trust in me to ensure strong leadership for the district. For many years a strong district has benefited the community, employees and students. I am honored to be selected to continue that tradition.
|Jan Hunter||Vice President|
- Best thing about OH is the sense of community and the common good for all stakeholders.
- As an Oak Hills board member I will always be an advocate for ALL of our students along the levels of the educational and socioeconomic spectrums
- Oak Hills is Highlander Strong because we believe in the strong traditions and strong schools that our school district offers.
- I am Highlander Strong because I believe in the right of every student to experience the opportunity and success of a strong public education.
- I am honored to serve as an Oak Hills school board member because I believe in supporting the choice of public education and the many opportunities and successes that OH can offer our students.
|Paul Cooper||Board Member|
- The best thing about Oak Hills is the passion and desire of everyone from students, parents, teachers, and administration to make Oak Hills the best public school district in the area.
- As an Oak Hills School Board member I will consider everyone involved before making decisions that effect the entire community. I will do my best to keep everyone informed of my decisions and why I made them. I will also work to be fiscally responsible for taxpayers.
- Oak Hills is Highlander Strong because we have over 30,000 Alumni that either continue to give back to the district or the Oak Hills community in one way or another.
- I am Highlander Strong because I have four children that have graduated from the Oak Hills School District and have moved on to be successful in life. I also have a current child in the district who is benefiting from an education from the Oak Hills School District. I can honestly state Im 100% Highlander Strong and committed to the school district!
- I am honored to serve as an Oak Hills School Board member because the community has put their faith in me to ensure The Oak Hills School District is continuing to strive to be the best public school district in every aspect from top to bottom.
|Julie Murphy||Board Member|
- The best thing about Oak Hills is the commitment by the District to enabling each student to reach his/her potential by providing them with excellent teachers and academic programs, offering a wide range of extra-curricular activities, and developing a culture of respect and good citizenship.
- As an Oak Hills School board member I will actively seek input from all stakeholders in our community, work collaboratively with other Board Members, prioritize academic excellence in our classrooms, and deliver on the promise of a great return to the taxpayers.
- Oak Hills is Highlander Strong because the District has unwaveringly delivered on their promise for over 50 years to provide a superior education to each and every student based on their abilities, equipping them for success in college, careers, and life…and doing so in a smart, cost-effective manner.
- I am Highlander Strong because I am a passionate Oak Hills alum, Class of 81, who benefitted from an excellent education and has enjoyed the rewards of being well prepared for college, my professional career, and a life of meaning and service. And over 30 years later, as the parent of an Oak Hills student, I am witness once again to highly committed and passionate teachers and staff who have high expectations for their school, themselves and most especially for the students they are educating and developing in our classrooms, on our stages and sports fields, in student organizations and clubs, and in our community.
- I am honored to serve as an Oak Hills School Board member because I have the leadership skills, business experience, energy, and now, the opportunity to give back and serve the very District that enabled me to dream bigger and achieve more than even I could have imagined.
|Jeannie Schoonover||Board Member|
- The best thing about Oak Hills is the wonderful tradition of excellent schools-top notch teachers and administrators and the wonderful families who as children attended Oak Hills schools and now continue to live here and raise their families.
- As an Oak Hills School board member I will strive to make wise decisions on how to continue our academic excellence, while keeping our funding low and will create doorways for our parents to be more involved in our decision making.
- Oak Hills is Highlander Strong because we set high expectations and work collaboratively to do what is best for all students.
- I am Highlander Strong because I am a product of the Oak Hills schools and community. I am an Oak Hills graduate, Class of 62, and was in the first class that attended all 4 years in Oak Hills High School. I was an original Oakette for four years and was in the first play ever performed in the high school. Ive lived here all my life, my son and daughter are graduates and live here as well. Two of my grandchildren are graduates and my other grandchildren attend Oak Hills Schools. So you might say that Oak Hills is part of my DNA.
- I am honored to serve as an Oak Hills School Board member because I want to give back to the district I love and work together to maintain our high quality of life by educating our next generation. I look forward to working on the Oak Hills Board of Education to make decisions that are best for all students.