The Oak Hills Local School District is the third largest school system in Hamilton County, located in western Cincinnati. Educational opportunities for the approximately 8,200 preschool through 12th graders teach innovation, collaboration, communication, adaptability, and provide real world experiences for future academic and social growth.
The district boasts eleven straight Excellent ratings on the state report card, and is recognized locally, across the state and nationally for excellence in academics, technology, the fine arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities. Among the best, we continue to strive for better.
- Oak Hills High School is the second largest high school in the state.
- Middle school students have opportunities to earn high school credit, and high school students can earn college credit without ever leaving the Oak Hills campus.
- Oak Hills spends the third lowest amount per pupil in Hamilton County.
- The Oak Hills Local School District was formed as the result of the consolidation of three elementary districts – Bridgetown, Delhi and Springmyer, and took effect April 23, 1956.
All students attending the Oak Hills Local School District achieve success by graduating with individual skills for career and college readiness and global competence.
The Oak Hills Local School District will be recognized for innovative services, outstanding teaching, and high student growth and achievement.
- We believe Oak Hills creates a culture of high expectations for all students and staff.
- We believe students should explore and investigate the world.
- We believe students should experience individualized learning and growth.
- We believe Oak Hills recruits, selects, develops, and retains outstanding staff.
- We believe eLearning (improving teaching and learning through technology) customizes individual student’s learning.
Cabinet Core Values
In working together…
- We value perspectives and drop personal defenses.
- We create a supportive place to work, both personally and professionally.
- We hold high expectations for growth and continuous learning for all.
- We provide pressure and support and balance urgency with patience.
- We speak with one voice.
- We believe silence is consent. Speak up!
- We believe authentic stakeholder conversations are crucial.
- We make lemonade.
In working with others…
- We build relationships based on trust with fair and equal treatment.
- We serve others.
- We support others through listening, collaboration, pressure and support, shared reflection, and serving as critical friends.
- We know that how we use our time sends an important message about what is valued in the district.
- We model our beliefs in shared ownership, transparency, and integrity.
- We are dedicated to leadership development and personal coaching.
- We believe in keeping each other fully informed.
- We do not know it all.