Oak Hills High School
Academic Support For Parents
Oak Hills High School is dedicated to supporting the needs of all students.
What should you do if your son or daughter is struggling in one or more classes?
- Make contact with their teacher(s). Refer to progress book at https://pbaccess.hccanet.org/
- If you are having trouble with your progress book account see the instructions below.
- Schedule a meeting with the teacher in order to help support your child.
- If progress is still not being made, contact your child's counselor to get resources, guidance, and/or to set up a meeting with teacher(s).
- Refer your child for peer tutoring through the National honor society by contacting your student's counselor.
Helpful Reading Intervention/Resources Links
Florida Center for Reading Research
Best Practice Reading Instruction
5 Simple Steps for Effective Vocabulary InstructionAcademic and Behavioral Interventions Website
Understood for Learning and Attention
HELPS for Parents
Reading Comprehension Check Sheet
Reading to Read Intervention