Oak Hills High School
CAPS AND GOWNS ORDERING INFORMATION SENIORS FOR COMMENCEMENT
Here are the ordering dates -
Oak Hills High School - Cap, gown, tassel etc ordering - Sept 11 form 3-7 p.m. in the Commons Cap, gown, tassel etc ordering - Sept. 12 and Sept. 13, 2019 at lunch
The first price increase will be December 6, 2019.
Diamond Oaks - Cap, gown, tassel etc ordering- Nov. 1, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. Order Make up date - Nov 21, 2019 at 7:00 a.m.
Scarlet Oaks - Cap, gown, tassel etc ordering- Nov. 1, 2020 at lunch Order Make Up date - Nov. 21, 2019 at lunch
Oak Hills High School Commencement Ceremony will be May 16, 2020 at 7:00 pm at the University of Cincinnati. Any senior that wants to participate in the OHHS Commencement Ceremonies, must order a minimum of cap, gown and tassel from Graduate Service who is the only vendor we work with for Commencement.
In order to participate, seniors must also be in good standing with their attendance. Please see the following for the guidelines -
(MORP, PROM and GRADUATION)
Though springtime is still 3 months away, it will be here before we know it. Below is information concerning privileged after-school activities/dances in relation to school attendance and discipline. Please take the time to review this information and contact me with any questions.
Discipline - any student suspended during the quarter of a privileged activity is not eligible to attend such activity (MORP is in the 3rd Quarter, both Prom and Graduation are in the 4th Quarter).
Unexcused Absences and Tardies - Any unexcused absences, and tardies greater than 2, will result in loss of school-related privileges, unless corrected by one of the provisions listed below.
Provisions to Correct Unexcused Absences and Tardies
1. Attend Friday School - 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Fridays.
- ONE Friday school served will make-up 1 unexcused absence or 4 tardies
2. Attend Tuesday or Thursday School - 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- ONE Tu/Th school served will make-up 2 tardies or ½ unexcused day
3. Complete Volunteer Work - Students can organize a time to do volunteer work outside of OHHS. The volunteer work must be completed with a nonprofit or recognized charitable organization.
- Each hour of volunteer work will make-up ½ unexcused day or 2 tardies.
- These hours MUST be documented on letterhead from the organization only (not a parent letter). The letter must include the name of the person from the organization, hours volunteered, and a phone number where we can call to verify the hours. Opportunities exist through organizations such as food pantries, churches, or another registered non-profit organization.
Students CANNOT make-up unexcused absences beyond 10 and/or tardies beyond 20. Therefore, students with unexcused absences beyond 10 and tardies beyond 20 are NOT eligible to participate in privileged activities.
If you have questions regarding your absences or tardies, please contact Mrs. Wilson in the Attendance Office at Wilson_k@ohlsd.org or myself, and please do not wait until the last minute to begin correcting attendance/tardy issues.
J. Travis Hunt, Principal
In addition to the minimum $20 price increase on December 6, the price will continue to increase based on availability and additional shipping charges.
There are NO free caps and gowns. Graduate Service is willing to make a payment plan, however, it must be in place before December 6th. This could be as little as $10 per month.
All remaining balances on caps/gowns/tassels must be paid in full in order to pick up the items.
Graduate Service’s direct line is 513 272-5890 or you can order online at www.graduateserviceinc.com. You can also view all items on this website.
The gown is a rental and must be returned immediately following the ceremony. You will keep the cap and tassel. Take your pictures before the ceremony.
In order to participate in the ceremony, each senior must have all fees paid, attendance in good standing, attend the mandatory practice and have ordered thru Graduate Service.
No tickets are needed for the ceremony.
The MANDATORY practice on May 16, 2020 at 8:30 am at the University of Cincinnati.
If you are NOT going to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, please contact Mrs. Matre at email@example.com to let her know. You will be able to pick up your diploma at the front office of OHHS starting on June 1st.